Thanks so much for stopping by Bookish Valhalla and for considering our blog to review your book!
Before submitting a request, we ask that you take a few moments to review our guidelines below. They shed insight on who we, The Book Valkyries, are(through our reading preferences) and whether we’re a good fit.
We fully understand the need to market one’s book and the vital role a blog plays in helping to spread the word, but know that we do not market or boost any stories we wouldn’t personally read or recommend. If you’re unsure whether your story would fit in at Bookish Valhalla, we encourage you to reach out. Can’t hurt to ask!
Audiences: young adult and adult markets. We especially enjoy crossover stories!
Who We Review: Indie and Traditionally Published works. At this time, we are only accepting self-published works on a case-by-case basis.
Genres We Devour:
- Science fiction and fantasy
- Horror | Occult | Gothic | Dark anythings
- Ghost stories galore
- Thrillers | Suspense | Psychological
- Magical realism
- Poetry & experimental pieces of short fiction
- This is really the only nonfiction we accept outside of Folklore
- Graphic novels, manga, and webtoons/comics
Formats We Most Appreciate: Paperback, Kindle, ebooks of any kind.
Important Notes To Remember:
- Not all requests will be accepted. We love books. We hoard them, read them, snap photos of them, and never leave the house without them. This said, we cannot realistically accept every request delivered by raven mail into our hands, as much as we’d love to. This means we accept requests on a case-by-case basis and cannot guarantee a review; it also means we reserve the right decline a request based on time constraints, shifting priorities, interest, or other reasons.
- We will always give honest reviews. Our reading community deserves complete transparency and we want to offer them our truest thoughts, feelings, and opinions. This means we do not accept payment in exchange for positive reviews, nor will we review a book in which 3 stars or higher is required. If we do a review, it’ll be cross promoted to Twitter, Pinterest, and Goodreads.
- An accepted request does not promise a review. This is always the hardest part about reading; sometimes books just don’t click with us no matter how much we may want it to. Thus, it is entirely at our discretion whether we DNF a book or publish a review of it. On rare occasions, we may post our DNF thoughts on Bookish Valhalla only.
- Review timelines may vary. We do our best to review all books within a reasonable time frame: ARC reviews roughly 30 days prior to release and previously published books within 1-3 months. However, our reading speed depends on each Valkyrie’s schedule, current circumstances, time constraints, and other variables. If a hard deadline exists, please reach out to us 2-3 months in advance.
Other Services Available: We enjoy hosting interviews, blog tours, giveaways, and cover reveals. If you’re a publisher, publicist, or author interesting in any of these services, give a shout via the contact method below.
How To Request A Book Review
We’ve simplified our request approach.
All you need to do is read the above guidelines, pick a Book Valkyrie you feel would best jive with your story, and send an email to The Head Valkyrie at Bookishvalhalla@hotmail.com.
If there is a deadline, please make an obvious note of it. Do not send a copy of the book as an attachment/embedded file or purchase links until/unless we accept your request. This includes any/all promotional post content as well.