My review policy is rather simple: I’m always open to receive books to review. I will do my best to reply to you personally. The best way to reach me is via email at BookishValhalla@hotmail.com. Please take a few things into consideration:
- I prefer physical copies, but if unavailable, I will consider Kindle copies. At this time, I cannot accept EPUB, Adobe, or PDFs.
- With university, an editing business, and my own writing endeavors, I’m not a particularly fast reader these days. However, I will try my hardest to read & review your book as soon as I can. IF you happen to have a deadline, please include this in your email.
- Receiving ARCs does not, in any way, impact my honest opinion. I will always be upfront in my reviews about whether or not I’ve received the book directly from the publisher or author.
- Although I do accept donations from authors and publishers who wish to help my little book castle in the cloud stay afloat, I do not accept payment for reviews or ARCs. Donations do not affect my honest opinion of a book.
- I maintain the right not to review books sent to me. If I didn’t particularly enjoy a book or was unable to finish it, I would rather not review it at all than give it a bad review.
- Upper Middle Grade (very picky)
- Young Adult
- I am interested in most subgenres of fantasy, but I’d love to see more:
- urban fantasies | portal fantasies | alt worlds |magical realism
- grimdark | gothic | horror
- mythic | fable | folklore |retellings
- thrillers | suspense (no mysteries, please)
- science fiction | slipstream | steampunk | cyberpunk | bio
- graphic novels
I lean more toward YA & NA for fantasies, but if you’ve got an Adult fantasy in the vein of True Blood or The Boneless Mercies, send it along.
It should be noted that I prefer adult SF to YA. I’m not a huge fan of female domination or homogenous races.
This list isn’t comprehensive, but it is what I’m most interested in reading right now and will likely prioritize.
Not Interested In
- political anythings
- erotica | westerns | satire | humor
- high fantasy (love LOTR, but never cared for other HF stories)
- historical fiction
- works for children (anything under Middle Grade)
- mysteries (sorry cozies, but not right now)
- memoirs | autobiographies | fiction based on real life stuff
How to Submit a Review Request
- Request the right reader for your book: Ari, Nicole, or AJ. Pay special attention to our bios and check out the reviews we’ve written recently.
- Type “Review Request”: (title) – (genre) in the subject line. Please indicate who you believe is best suited to review your novel.